Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Secret Blog of Raisin Rodriguez

The Secret Blog of Raisin Rodriguez
Most Recently Read Book:

The Secret Blog of Raisin Rodgriguez

By Judy Goldschmidt

How is it that I have kind of forgotten what it was like to be in middle school? I think it's because I work with just a handful of middle school kids and I do work with them in a school setting versus outside of school and I'm a teacher versus someone they would confide any crushes in, but I kind of forgot how boy-crazy, fashion-crazy, friend-crazy middle school girls can be! Well, this book really helped remind me. Raisin Rodriguez is a girl who moves to a new middle school and writes about everything that is going on in her blog. If I tell you it kind of reminds me of Harriet The Spy can you guess what happens? I love how the author truly channeled a middle school as far as the character's voice. It's awesome.

Here's my favorite line, because I still struggle with hair issues today as an almost (gulp) 30-year-old!

"...I went to her bathroom to collect myself. It's a good thing too because when I looked in the mirror, my hair was all out of whack. You know how you leave the house thinking you look gorgeous and then when you check yourself out later in the day, you look like Gollum from Lord of the Rings? I couldn't have CJ seeing me like this."

No comments: