Thursday, April 3, 2008

The ABCs

I was just looking at the blog and thinking I needed to post something other than books...so here's some ABC's about me inspired by our friend Laura Walker.  You can check out her ABC's at www.lauramikewalker.blogspot.com

A: ATTACHED OR SINGLE?

Attached.

B: BEST FRIENDS
Chadley, my mom, Jacquie, April

C: CAKE OR PIE?
CAKE!!!!  Chocolate cake with loads of frosting!

D: DAY OF CHOICE
Saturday and Sunday…even though I can’t sleep in because of Jordan, at least I get to spend time with my boys.

E: ESSENTIAL ITEMS
My phone, bluetooth, a book to read or listen to.  At work, my little notepad where I write down everything I have to do!

F: FAVORITE COLORS
Pink and yellow.  Mostly bright colors.  And, of course, Huskie red and black

G: GUMMY BEARS OR WORMS?

Gotta love the worms!

 Long fat skinny ones, big fat slimy ones…guess I’ll go eat worms!

H: HOMETOWN
Lake Forest, Illinois

I: FAVORITE INDULGENCE
I have an obsession with Coldstone Creamery lately.  I can’t get enough of the Mud Pie Mojo
Big Brother…we have been known to watch all three hours of the After Dark special that airs on Showtime.
  Did I just admit to watching Big Brother?


J: JANUARY OR JULY?
Can I pick June?
  It’s my birthday month, and it’s when school is out, and, Flag Day is in June! 

K: KIDS?

Jordan Blake Vincent, my cute Sugar Pie Honey Bunches of Oats.


L: LIFE ISN'T COMPLETE WITHOUT...
Love.

M: MARRIAGE DATE?
June 26, 2005 at the Bellagio!  Vegas, Baby! 

N: NUMBER OF BROTHERS AND SISTERS
1 sister, 1 brother

O: ORANGES OR APPLES?
If
Chad peels it for me and it’s perfectly-ripe, I love oranges.  I like anything apple-cinnamon and apples with peanut butter, too, though.

P: PHOBIA OR FEARS
I can’t really think of anything I’m afraid of.
  The way I see it, if we let ourselves be scared of all the scary things in the world, we wouldn’t really be living.

Q: QUOTE
”Booklovers never go to bed alone.” –Unknown

 “Nothing is impossible if broken down into manageable segments, stabilized by balance and purified by belief.”…I hope I got that right, my dad used to tell me this all time but for some reason it’s hard for me to remember exactly the right words. 


R: REASONS TO SMILE
I just pre-ordered Breaking Dawn, by Stephenie Meyer, the 4th book in my vampire book series!

Jordan is sleeping soundly and went down without a peep.  How lucky can a mom get?

Chad will be home from class soon…and even better, he only has a handful of classes left before he’ll be done with grad school forever!

 
S:SUPERMAN OR WONDER WOMAN

Dean Cain as Superman on Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of  Superman from the 90’s.

T: TAG 5 PEOPLE
I’m not sure I even know what this means...here are people I know read the blog!

Chad, Mom, Sue, Laura, Veronica…tag, you’re it!  Everyone can play though, even if you’ve never commented before!     


U: UNKNOWN FACT ABOUT ME
I don’t like to wear socks to bed.

V: VEGETABLE
Lima beans…Chad doesn’t understand this about me, but I remember as a little kid my mom would tell me about the lima bean family: the mom, the dad, and the baby lima bean to get me to eat them.  How can you not love them when you know who they are?


W: WORST HABIT
Picking at my nails at stoplights.  This drives Chad’s crazy.  What else is there to do at stoplights?

X: X-RAY OR ULTRASOUND?
When I think x-ray, I think of biting down on the horribly humongous thing they make you bite on at the dentist.  Who likes that?

I’ll choose ultrasound any day. While I was pregnant with Jordan we had two ultrasounds.  The first one was when he was about 5 or 6 weeks old and he looked like a gummy bear.  And then the second one at 20 weeks when we found our we were having a boy!

Y: YOUR FAVORITE FOOD


Silo Pizza and Chad’s Baked Alaskan Cake

Z: ZODIAC SIGN

Gemini

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you did the ABC's! I love reading these. I need to preorder Breaking Dawn ASAP!

We are taking dance classes at our Park District. We are such nerds, we love it.

I heard Jordan is feeling under the weather. I hope he is doing ok.

I have a new series for you to read. It's young adult and fabulous! First book is A Great and Terrible Beauty. Pick it up for sure.

Anonymous said...

Awww! jordie!! so cute! :)