Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Carrie Underwood 2008


Monday night we drove to the NIU Convocation Center for the Carrie Underwood concert.  The band, Lost Trailers, opened for her.  Carrie put on a great concert.  Of course, she sang live on Idol and has sang at tons of awards shows and she has always sounded amazing, so it was no surprise that she was awesome last night.  Her voice is completely flawless.  I was a little nervous that she would just sit on a stool and sing all night...but she didn't.  She moved around a lot on stage and was fun to watch. 
 


My favorite part was her clothes.  I seriously want her wardrobe.  She always looks great and has the most fun clothes.  My favorite was this blue halter top dress...it was Cinderella-esque and she was on a circular platform that lit up the whole skirt.  What girl doesn't want a dress like that?  But wait, here's the best part: after singing a few songs up on the glowing platform...the music got faster and her skirt was totally sucked off her, disappearing into the background and leaving her in a short dress!  It was cool!  I think if Chad and I ever renew our wedding vows...or get married again 50 years down the road...I'm totally gonna go buy a dress that can convert into another dress.  Love it!  Why are there not more occasions to dress up?  Just because I'm too old to go to prom and I've already gotten married, that means I can't wear a poofy, silky-satiny, glittery dress any more?  Who decided this?  


I think Chad's favorite part was just being able to breathe the same air she breathes...and, of course, to be able to see her for an hour and a half straight, minus wardrobe changes.  We have seen her perform before when she toured with Kenny Chesney, but this was a major production.  The speakers and lights were pretty cool.  Chad bought me a t-shirt.  It was hard to pick which one I wanted because they all had her face on the front!  I wasn't thrilled about having Carrie's face plastered all over me, but I ended up choosing one that I thought was cooler than the others.
      

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you guys had such a good time! I can't wait to see you in your Carrie Underwood T-shirt!