Friday, April 18, 2008

Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment


Most Recently Read Book:

Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment

By James Patterson

I had hugely high hopes for this book...and, for the most part, I was not let down.  It was a little tricky to get used to because James Patterson doesn't do a good job of developing the setting, especially at the beginning, in my opinion.  I think it gets better throughout the book but in the beginning it was hard for me to figure out where they were and where things were coming from.  I love the characters though and now I can't wait to read the next book in the series.  The main character is Max, short for Maximum Ride.  She is a strong, although sometimes vulnerable, female main character.  Her and her 5 "brothers and sisters" have all been genetically tweaked.  Among other special abilities, they can all fly.  There is barely any down-time in this book, there is seriously action around every chapter.  This is the beginning of a crazy adventure as Max leads her flock to save the world.   


No comments: