Thursday, April 3, 2008

A Crooked Kind of Perfect


Most Recently Read Book

 A Crooked Kind of Perfect

 By Linda Urban

I loved this book!  It is so cute.  It is about Zoe, who dreams of playing the piano...but her agoraphobic dad gets roped into buying an organ instead!  She ends up learning to play the organ and competing in the local Perform-O-Rama competition.  I love how she goes through 10-year-old drama that any girl can probably relate to.  What really got to me though when her dad is too freaked by all the people to watch her performance and her mom misses her birthday and then almost misses her perform because of her dedication to her work.  I realized how most kids are just so desperate for their parents' love.  Kids can be so forgiving when their parents let them down.  It made me think about how much my parents mean to me and how much I really mean to Jordan now.  I have to say, I did shed a tear at the end.  There is also a little 10-year-old crush just to add a little romance to it all!  This is a great story!


No comments: