Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sold

Most Recently Read Book:

Sold

By Patricia McCormick

This book is about a Nepalese girl whose family sells her to a woman who takes her to a brothel.  Talk about upsetting.  What a sad book.  For a young adult book it was graphic enough.  I just can't believe stuff like this actually happens in the world I live in.  It's so horrible.  It reminds me a little bit of the movie Slumdog Millionaire because that poor boy goes through some horrible stuff himself.  People actually live these stories.  It's unreal to me.  I think this book is an important book for people to read so we are aware of what goes on around the world away from our own little corners.  It makes me want go find a way to help...that would have been a good idea, for the author to have a list of things to do or places to donate to to help these girls.  

No comments: