Tuesday, December 2, 2008

10 Year HS Reunion!

Friday night we went to my ten year high school reunion!  My friend Alison came home from Boston and we went out for dinner and then headed to the reunion.  We weren't sure what to expect, and basically, it ended up being a bar area of a restaurant reserved for our class of '98.  It was a little strange to see everyone again but overall it was fine.  There were some people it was fun to see and some that were a little weird to see, but it was fun.  I'm glad we went and it was fun to dress up, go to dinner and go out.  We went to Opa! which is a Greek restaurant that we had never been to.  I liked it but Chad wasn't too impressed.  It didn't really compare to the souvlaki I had in Florida over the summer, but I still thought it was good.  

Me and my hubby, who I was proud to show off!
Alison and I...we were remembering our freshman year when we first met...although, technically, we took a tap dance class when we were in 2nd grade together.  Anyway, we had 1st period English together and then we had 2nd period Spanish together and that's how we became friends!  
I'm still not sure I can believe that it's been ten years since we graduated from high school.  I had fun in high school but I really don't miss it and don't need to go back there at all.  It made me kind of nervous to be back around people and all the crazy cliques of high school again.  I am 100% proud of who I am, what I do, and my family, but it was hard not too feel a little intimidated by people who were about to graduate from law school or were finishing up their residencies.  I'll go back to my life and my family and friends who love me and not miss the craziness of LFHS.

3 comments:

Kathy Lou said...

Look at you! Hot mama! :-)
I read somewhere that the 10 year reunion is all about showing off how much you've done, the 20 year is much more low key, talking about your kids, and the 30 on up, you're just glad you are still around. You looked fabulous, I'm sure your former classmates were impressed by YOUR success. A great family is better than anything else!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Kath, look at you. You have accomplished so much and have a beautiful family. Dad and I are so proud of you.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen,

You and Chad look like you really had a great time! I went to my 10th and was glad I did... but next year is my 20th!! I was really blind to the fact that I'm nearly 10 years older than you and Chad. I think I'll just selective memory that puppy and pretend I'm still your age.

We miss you guys! Let's do something!