Sunday, December 14, 2008

Starbucks Saved My Life


Most Recently Read Book:

How Starbucks Saved My Life

By Michael Gates Gill 

I, personally, love Starbucks, so the title of this book intrigued me right away.  I didn't realize it was written by an older man who went to work for Starbucks after being fired from his advertising job late in his career.  It was really interesting to read about all the interesting behind-the-scene business goings-ons of Starbucks.  It really made me appreciate my baristas more.  If you've read the ten things you might not know about me, you saw that I secretly have always wanted to be a barista.  This book made me think again about ever really following through on that desire...it's really a hard job!  This wasn't the best written book I have ever read, but I thought it was cool to read about Starbucks as a company.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am impressed by how much you read!! I really am. I have enjoyed many books in my life, but recently the reading bug hasn't inspired me. I'm really looking forward to the next book that really blows me away...

Marc