Sunday, December 21, 2008

Home SWEET Home

We're home!  It feels so great to be home, I cannot even explain it.  I literally cried tears of joy and relief when we got in the car this (late) morning.  I realized once I was in the car how stressful it really was to be with Jordan in the hospital.  Chad and I were talking tonight and he was reassuring me that Jordan will not remember anything and it's all over and he's getting better, but my body, heart, and mind are still dealing with the trauma of the whole situation.  

Jordan is obviously still working to fight off the infection.  They found out that it is MRSA, which is a type of staph infection that doesn't really respond well to antibiotics, thus why Jordan was admitted and had to go through the IV antibiotics because they are stronger.  The infection got remarkably worse from Thursday night to Friday morning...and then even from first thing Friday morning to when we went to the doctor's office.  It was definitely moving quickly.  I think we were lucky we took him in and that he got treated so quickly.  He's on an oral antibiotic now for 10 days.  It smells good!  It's a cherry flavor and Jordan has had no problem sipping it down.  He's also had no problem running around and acting like himself.  He played with every toy in the playroom at the hospital and then came home and played with just about every toy we have here.  He's happily sleeping away right now.  

I know he'll get a good night sleep tonight.  It is so nice no to have to worry about him dislodging the IV or waking up crying in the middle or the night.  It was just hard for him to wind down and go to sleep in general the last two nights.  I am sure I will never forget his cries when they attempted to put in the IV (three times) and when they were successful in putting in the IV (two times) but I don't think he will remember it.  If you ask him where his ouchie his he'll hold up his hand.  It's really sweet.  

It feels so good to be home sweet home!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh I'm so glad you are home and well. We been thinking about poor little Jordan. I'm so glad he is doing better!