Friday, December 26, 2008

Pictures from Our Hospital Visit


Jordan Blake...one day he's perfectly fine...
...and is taking pictures of Mommy...Cheese!!!

And the next day, he's in the emergency room going through H-E-double-hockey-sticks, but still being a really good sport.  
Chad and I were just saying today that it seems like forever since we were in the hospital.  I am so grateful for being able to forget the life we had while we were there.  I, of course, had my camera with me and had to take pictures.  It's makes me sad to see these pictures again, but Jordan is so cute at the same time.  He was adorable in his hospital gown.

This picture was after the IV was put in when we got up to his room in the Pediatric's ward.  He was so cute in the big hospital bed.  It made me realize how tiny he is and how vulnerable he can be.   In the bottom left corner you can see that Jordan is holding a helicopter.  This is a Happy Meal toy from Mcdonald's that was in Chad's car that Jordan was completely attached to in this hospital.  He had to have his helicopter almost everywhere he went.  
After he got his antibiotics through the IV they would disconnect him and he was able to go up and down the hallway and play in the play room.  He kept asking for us to push him fast!
Here's Jordan pushing the wagon himself...I just had to take the picture from behind.  I think it's probably the only appropriate age to take a picture of someone in their hospital gown from behind.  I'm sure he'll hate me for this picture when I show his first girlfriend.

Another butt shot...
Here's Jordan all smiles on the second day we were in the hospital.  He had a sponge bath and got to switch from his blue hospital gown to a yellow hospital gown.  Again, he's holding his helicopter in his right hand.  You can kind of see his paw of a left hand.  He had the IV in and then had a splint type contraption to keep him from bending his arm too much and then they covered it with a white gauzy glove to keep him from touching it.  He was confused by it but dealt with it really well.  He just made do.  
Jordan and Mommy.  
Daddy and Jordan.  
Woo hoo!!!!  We're going home!  Jordan was so happy to go home.  He was pooped though...and could barely keep his eyes open on the way home.  I think he was ready to get back to what was familiar to him.  
We are so happy to be home and to put the whole experience behind us.  Jordan saw the doctor on Tuesday and everything was looking great.  Right now you can barely see any difference in the color in the area where he had the infection.  It's still sad to me that he had to go through it but we survived and he really was a great sport and we were home in time for Christmas.  

I have been a freak about washing my hands since we went into the hospital.  I bought a giant bottle of Germ-X hand sanitizer at Bed, Bath, and Beyond with my 20% coupon for only $4.  I was never really too worried about germs before...but I don't need to go to the hospital again so now I'm uber-aware of washing our hands.  

Thanks to Gamma, Papa, Jane, and Jacquie for visiting us while we were in the hospital.  And thanks to all of our family and friends who were thinking about us, too.  It is great to know we have such a wonderful support from everyone!      

1 comment:

Kathy Lou said...

He looks so tiny in the hospital pictures. :-( I am so relieved he is ok. I am getting crazy about washing our hands, too. Today at the mall I think I washed our hands 4 times, plus another "magic soap" when we got in the the car. That's what we call the hand sanitizer, magic soap. I have to be more careful about it, I'm working on it. I'll be perfect in my next life.