Tuesday, December 16, 2008

12 Dates of Christmas Installment 2




I posted earlier this week in my "I'm Back!" post about our 12 dates of Christmas.  So far we have been keeping up with a date every night...even if we are here at home.  It's fun.  I really feel like Chad and I have connected even more with each other.  Like I said, I'm usually doing something else while he's watching sports or TV and it makes a difference to really sit down and just watch TV just to watch TV.  I realize that I get caught up with getting things done and don't take time to relax, even though I think I'm relaxing.  

Last night was the 3rd date of Christmas...

We watched Monday Night Football, sitting together on the couch, while playing Rummy.  Chad used to play with his Grandma and he taught me when we first started dating.  We haven't played in a while...Chad claims because I always used to beat him.  He won last night, so maybe he'll want to play more if he's winning.  I'm not sure we play traditional Rummy...maybe over winter break, I'll get ambitious and post the rules we play by.  It's fun!

And tonight was the 4th Date of Christmas... 

We made brownies together.  I added Andes Mint Chocolate Chips to my half of the brownies which were complete delicious.  You can see the nice chunk I cut myself and already devoured.  I love the edges the most.  Our favorite brownie mix: Aldi brand!

And while the brownies were cooking and then cooling down, we painted blocks!!!  I saw a cool idea for blocks on another blog and I convinced Chad he could paint blocks. Tonight we did the base coat, tomorrow we'll have to do the unpainted bottom of the blocks that you can't see right now, and then Chad will paint them...but I'm not telling what he's going to paint yet!  

2 comments:

Kathy Lou said...

I have a brownie mix hiding somewhere in the cupboards. I am going to mix in some of the leftover Halloween candy I have hiding somewhere else. If I can just find them at the same time then I'm in business!
And where did you find the blank blocks, I totally LOVE them!

Anonymous said...

I'd like to make the brownie mix with Kathy Lou, the way Jen and Chad are doing it... if our kid would go to sleep without getting all TERMINATOR on us and completely exhausting us!

Nah, I'd like to make the brownies even if I were exhausted. I wonder if Kaffee will see this...