Saturday, July 11, 2009

Candy Girl

Most Recently Read Book:

Candy Girl

By Diablo Cody

I feel as though I haven't really been reading at all lately...although I have actually been trying to read (slowly) through all my National Boards stuff, so technically I have. I guess I have to come to terms with the fact that I'll be reading less because of National Boards.

So, this was our book club book for this month. I honestly would have never picked up this book to read it had it not been for book club! This book is about a girl who decides one day that she's going to try stripping and then she likes it so she goes back to do it again until finally she is stripping full time. I have to (proudly) admit that I have never been to a strip club and I had no idea what it was all (really) about. It was interesting and I learned a lot.

This book is a memoir so it's all true. The only thing that really bothered me really was that there wasn't that much exposition that would have let us kind of get to know the author better so it was hard for me to understand who she really was. Other than that, it was a good book. Weirdly, it was a fast read, also.

No comments: