Saturday, July 4, 2009

How to Get Your Child to Love Reading

Most Recently Read Book:

How to Get Your Child to Love Reading

By Esme Raji Codell

Ah! I should be sleeping but I'm blogging about this book because I just finished it and now have to talk about it. I think this one is going on my list of books to buy, too! Raising Bookworms had awesome ideas for how to read with a kiddo and it is perfect for relaying that information to families I work with, and it had lists of books...but this book is the ultimate when it comes to lists of books! I haven't seen anything like it. This book is only $18.95 so to me it is so worth buying. It has lots of ideas for reading but mostly has lists of books and then activities mixed in that you can do with our around the books. I think this book would be a great reference. I find books from other people or from online sites, but this book is so easy to refer to and just has sooooo many books.

I do have to admit that I didn't read every word in this book, I read the beginning, some things throughout out and the end, but I did turn to every single page to see what it was all about...and it's a thick book. The lists take up most of the book and there are just too many to read each and everyone, this to me would be a really useful book to refer to for book ideas depending on what you were looking for, but it definitely has everything, from baby books, to milestone books, to poetry, to history, to drawing even. It's awesome!

No comments: