Wednesday, July 15, 2009

South Loop Chocolate Tour

Woo hoo! Last week, Chad and I were fortunate enough to be invited to go on the very first South Loop Chicago Chocolate Tour!!! We were so excited for a night out and with chocolate! Bonus! I was kind of caught up in eating chocolate, I barely took any pictures, but I do have a few!

We started at Canady Le Chocolatier, which I have to say is absolutely awesome. The owner himself was there to welcome us and talk to us about chocolate. A lot of it was over my head, but it made me completely respect him and his chocolates having heard lots about the process of making chocolate. Look at this case of chocolate! I could have eaten the whole thing! The craziest part is, we live over an hour away...but I have been back twice already since the tour! We sampled his gelato and had to go back. Have you ever heard of blood orange gelato? Well, now you have and you better go get some! This place rocks!
This is a plate of yummy chocolate concoctions from Panozzo's. We would have loved to actually eat or buy some of their Italian food...but the chocolate was great.
Here we are at Three Peas Art Lounge. This place was really cool. It's an art lounge with drinks and cupcakes. The art on display was all about motherhood which I thought was really cool. They do change their art, but I was digging the motherhood display, uh, and the cupcakes!
Here is the link for the Chicago Chocolate Tours Photo Gallery so you can see more pictures from last week! I also strongly recommend that if your headed to Chicago you see if you can go on one of the Chicago Chocolate Tours!!! They are awesome!

1 comment:

Kathy Lou said...

Totally jealous. Glad you had fun. I just got some 90% dark chocolate. I never would have tried it without going on the chocolate tour.