Saturday, July 4, 2009

What Really Matters For Struggling Readers

Most Recently Read Book:

What Really Matters For Struggling Readers: Designing Research-Based Programs

By Richard L. Allington

I have been on a reading about reading kick lately as I'm preparing for National Boards. This book seemed to reiterate a lot of what I have read recently about getting kids to just read more in general and how important that is along with getting books that are just right for them and are interesting to them as well as providing activities that get them to think about books. I liked all the facts in this book and the concrete examples. There were some parts, obviously, that were geared more towards classrooms or whole schools so they didn't relate to me as much, but it was definitely a good book.

No comments: