Thursday, July 16, 2009

Reading Magic

Most Recently Read Book:

Reading Magic: Why Reading Aloud to Our children Will Change Their Lives Forever

By Mem Fox

There are some great books about reading out there and this is one of them! I love Time for Bed by Mem Fox. It is such a sweet book that's perfect for bedtime. This book focuses on her enthusiasm for reading aloud to children. Her energy jumps out of this book. I love the general no-nonsense ideas that just make reading to children seem to common sense. It totally is, but it's refreshing to just read someone say it and explain it so matter-of-factly that it just makes sense. There are some really cute cartoons, too. I am excited to share her ideas with the parents of my students. I think a parent could relate to this book. That is just one reason I enjoyed it so much. I literally read it in one day, it was just awesome. My only complaint is that I can't find her website online! It seems like it's gone! Where are you, Ms. Fox!

No comments: