Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words

Most Recently Read Book:

A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words

Sexton

This was a really cool writing book. The entire book consists of pictures and little snippets of discussion about writing and ideas for what to write about in relation to the picture. The author does a great job of hitting on so many different points of writing, even some that I had never heard of. One example is "macguffin" which is actually hard to explain, but really cool! If you click the link you can see what Wikipedia says about it. I got some great ideas from this book that I can use or adapt a little bit for my students. If you are looking to use these activities with students, I think they are more appropriate for at least high school or adult writers more than for kids or young adult readers. I love the idea of using images to get ideas though! Very cool!


No comments: