Saturday, July 4, 2009

Raising Bookworms

Most Recently Read Book:

Raising Bookworms: Getting Kids Reading for Pleasure and Empowerment

By Emma Walton Hamilton

This book is great! I am putting this on my list of books to buy! There were way too many pages I wanted to copy information from that I figure I have to buy this for all the great ideas. I love that this is not written by a person who is an educational researcher or even teachers reading and that it is so practical. There are lots of ideas that I would naturally do with Jordan because I am a teacher but I love that it's all laid out and that there are great examples and lists of books for different ages. Sometimes it's hard to list all the things an adult can do while reading with a kiddo or to lay it out in a sequence. This book has it all right there! I am so excited to use the ideas in this book and to share these ideas with my students' families this year.

Speaking of the author, she is actually Julie Andrews' daughter! I love Julie Andrews...now I'm gonna have to go look at some of their picture books!


No comments: