Thursday, April 8, 2010

Adam Canfield of the Slash

Most Recently Read Book:

Adami Canfield of The Slash

By Mike Winerip

After reading Cover Up by John Feinstein recently, it took me a little time to get used to the different style of this book that was also about kid journalists. Adam Canfield is a start reporter for his school newspaper The Slash. One thing that bothered me was that this is the first book in this series but Adam Canfield has already written some great stories the year before this book takes place but we don't get to read about them. The other thing that bothered me was that the adults are so goofy in this book, but in the end they were fun. It reminds me of Series of Unfortunate Events in a way because the villians are so goofy...and, like Unfortunate Events, I think they'll be back in later books in the series. I'm not too interested in reading the following books in the series but it was a fun book, maybe a little hard to understand all the little tidbits thrown in, but fun.

No comments: