Friday, April 2, 2010

The Twenty One Balloons

Most Recently Read Book:

The 21 Balloons

By William Pene du Bois

Wow. I'm sorry, but there are totally some books that I just don't get and can't realize the value of. I'm not sure how this book won an award. I forced myself to get through it just because I'm stubborn like that...but I almost wish I hadn't. This book is about a retired teacher who decides to fly around in a hot air balloon for a year...but then his balloon lands on the island of Krakatoa where he meets a group of people who live there and are weird and then the volcano erupts and he has to leave and then they find him again and want to hear his story...so the whole of the book is him telling his story. It was really dumb. I hate to say it, but it's dumb. Yuck, I can't even write about it any more.

1 comment:

Laraf123 said...

Whew! I thought this was going to be another post about a book I realized I just HAD TO READ. Then I would add it to the long, long, long list. I'm relieved. Now the list is just long, long.