Monday, April 19, 2010

Stormbreaker

Most Recently Read Book:

Stormbreaker

By Anthony Horowitz

What a fun series! This is a very cool James Bond-y book for intermediate/middle schoolers. I thought maybe it would be more for middle school but I would definitely recommend it to a 5th or 6th grader. I think boys would like it more because of the secret spy stuff going on, but girls could like it, too. This is only the first in the series...maybe Alex Rider develops a lover interest at some point...as of right now he just gets roped into being a spy to follow up on a mission his deceased uncle was undertaking before he was killed. There were even a few times when I was thinking, break out your fancy yo-yo rope-thingy tool but he actually did something else to be able to help himself out so it wasn't even all that predictable (for me anyway). I haven't read the young James Bond series but now I'm kind of intrigued to see how that one compares.

1 comment:

Laraf123 said...

I'm intrigued too. I need a read aloud to help us through these last weeks of school. The kids are sleeping with their eyes open! (Especially the boys!)