Friday, April 30, 2010

List As We Knew It

Most Recently Read Book:

Life As We Knew It

By Susan Beth Pfeffer

This book had me so believing the end of the world could truly happen and I was dreaming all sorts of weird things...I guess that contributes to it being a good book? I love science fiction, and, like I said, this book had me contemplating my wonderful life. I heard an 8th grader give a book talk about this book and she said she thought it was one of the best books ever. I definitely think it's an interesting idea to think of what would happen in the moon's gravitational pull on the Earth was completely changed, but I can't say it's one of my favorite books. I did, however, recommend this to my 8th grader who really hasn't ever read science fiction. She's way into teen issues and I think this book is enough about a teen dealing with a traumatic time in her life while being a science fiction book but still easily relatable to our world. I think it will be a good way for her to try out reading a science fiction book but not reading one that will be way too hard for her to get. I'm excited to see what she thinks. Sometimes reading a book with a kid/student really gives me more perspective on the book itself.

No comments: