Tuesday, May 26, 2009

How Reading Changed My Life

Most Recently Read Book:

How Reading Changed My Life

By Anna Quindlen

Well, I basically devoured this book in one day because it's so short...but, I'm not sure I actually got the point!  I liked her revelations about reading and that we read for so many different reasons.  I liked how she pointed out that the real life books aren't going away just because we have online books or those new book reader things.  I also liked that she concluded that we read to take us places and that we can be nomads inside our own heads.  I'm not entirely sure how reading did change her life, except for that she feels grateful to have reading be a part of her life.  Unfortunately, there wasn't too much factual/research support even.  Oh well, I liked reading about someone who loves reading at least!


No comments: