Sunday, May 31, 2009

Potty Train Your Child in Just One Day

Most Recently Read Book:

Potty Train Your Child in Just One Day

By Teri Crane

I'm ready!  I read the book and I can so do this!  I'm really excited.  I think because Chad and I are teachers we totally get the idea of positive reinforcement and the ideas in this book are all about positive reinforcement.  Somehow I'm going to have to make Chad at least read the chapter all about what exactly you have to do and say, but I think we can totally pull this off.

The main question is, is Jordan ready?  I think he actually is really close.  I think mentally he will grasp the concept and then it shouldn't be too hard.  I'm a little nervous about when we'll have to be away from home and everything but we'll make it work.  I can't wait to have the potty party actually!  Basically, Jordan will wake up one day and we'll just have a major potty party.  He'll get a doll that can pee and we'll start by teaching the doll how to go to the potty.  Then, after lunch, he'll practice going to the potty.  What really cracks me up is that we're supposed to just pump Jordan full of juice so he'll pee all afternoon basically and so we can practice going on the potty.  And what cracks me up even more is that at the end of it all everyone comes over and Jordan gets to throw his diapers away while we all watch.  It's gonna be a blast.  So, who's in for the potty party?  I'll be sure to post when we actually try and see if we can potty train Jordan in one day!

2 comments:

Kathy Lou said...

I loved it. I thought it worked well. Maddy was not accident free, however, for a long time. But we didn't see accidents as a set back, only as a transition stage. Those 2 and 3 year olds need a LOT of control in the their life. Potty is something they can control, and during this stage they learn they can control it to spite us and/or to please us! I prefer the please part.
:-)

Gwyneth Paltrow said...

Potty Training book saved my Sanity!!!!!!
________________________________________
Parenting Magazine (March ‘09 issue) & Men’s Health Magazine (Sept. issue) recommends thi book too. I just saw the author is also the Potty Pro for Nickelodeon this month on www.parentsconnect.com

My husband picked us up a copy after reading the MH article. IT REALLY WORKS!!

Everyone is talking about throwing a "potty party" to potty train a child. I was so desperate; I was willing to do anything. Her book outlines 10 themed parties. What kid doesn't love to play and pretend? All my mommy friends have successfully potty trained their kids with her book too.

Honestly, when I first learned of this book, I thought NO WAY! Maybe this would work on a little girl, but NOT a BOSSY, 2-1/2 year old BOY. NO WAY! Guess what? It REALLY WORKED!!! Teri Crane SAVED MY SANITY!!! Her book was easy to read, funny and extremely helpful. I can't thank Teri enough. I would HIGHLY recommend this book to EVERY parent. It will save you much grief and frustration. Potty training shouldn't be difficult, we as parents make it difficult because we don't know what to do. Teri teaches you. Buy the book, it's the best money you will ever spend

Most amazingly, I had some questions, so I called the author, and she CALLED ME BACK!!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too.