Friday, May 1, 2009

Little Brother


Most Recently Read Book:

Little Brother 

By Cory Doctorow

Honestly, I'm torn on whether I liked and would recommend this book!  This book is about a 17-year-old computer hacker who lives in San Francisco when it gets bombed by terrorists.  He gets arrested after the bombing and held captive and tortured because they think he somehow had something to do with the bombing.  After being released, he leads a computerized attack on the Department of Homeland Security that basically takes over San Francisco.  I listened to this book and I really think I would have liked it better had I read it.  There was lots of computer talk...and the author actually did a good job of explaining all the computer talk, but because he had to stop and explain it I think it kind of took away from the plot of the book.  It definitely had me thinking, which is a good thing.  I recommended it to some more computer-focused people to see what they think of it, just because I feel like I'm an outsider trying to judge a book I know nothing about.  One thing that really bothered me is that they never explain who exactly did bomb the city...I wish the author would have clarified that.  I think this book would be a good read for anyone who is into computers or even gaming.  

No comments: