Monday, January 26, 2009

Avalon High

Most Recently Read Book:

Avalon High

By Meg Cabot

Hmm...not sure what to think of this book.  I love Meg Cabot's writing and I love the voice that the main character, Elaine, has, but this plot is not one of my favorite of Meg Cabot's.  I recently read Jinx by Meg Cabot and that one had a kind of far-fetched funky kind of plot kind of like this book.  This book is about Elaine who moves to Maryland for the year with her professor parents who are there doing research on renaissance history.  She meets a boy name Will who she completely falls in love with.  She ends up sucked into her new high school and finds herself living a parallel life to King Arthur and his friends from his time.  It's a little weird if you ask me, but I really like the main character and of course there's a love story so I can't complain too much.  

No comments: