Monday, January 12, 2009

The Secret Garden


Most Recently Read Book:

The Secret Garden

By Frances Hodgson Burnett

I love this story!  I remember reading this book when I was a kid and just loving the story.  I still liked it this time around.  I wish it was all so easy as magic from a garden.  This book actually reminded me of The Secret which was a book that Oprah talked about probably at least a year ago if not more.  Basically, it's all about positive thinking.  The more you think positively, the more positive things you will attract.  It makes you rethink how you think of things.  It's pretty interesting.  Anyway, I really like how friendship, fresh air, and a positive outlook make this book such a happy story.  I love happy-ever-afters!

I do have to add that they Yorkshire accent that many of the characters have can be way confusing!  It would be a way to teach slang or even voice to students though because you can show them when it's okay to use non-standard English in their writing.  

No comments: