Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Breakfast and Lunch...Yum!

I miss winter break already!  I want to be home relaxing and hanging out with Chad and Jordan.  Oh well.  Last week when we were home I took a picture of breakfast and lunch.  Yum.

Here's my vanilla yogurt with fresh blueberries and blackberries and a side of flaxseed meal. 

Here's my yummy chicken and ham lasagna that I spent Friday morning baking.

When I am at school I usually eat in my car or in my office and it's just not the same as eating food from a real plate or with a real fork.  I've seen other people post pictures of their food or a great mug of hot chocolate and I figured I would post some of my fun food pics.  It makes you slow down and appreciate it when you take the time to take a picture before you eat. 

2 comments:

Kathy Lou said...

I think I spend LESS time cooking over the break! I like to stay busy with Marc and Maddy so we eat out quite a bit. If we don't stay busy I have a tendency to become a super duper couch potato. When Marc is in school we actually slow down and I try to plan out some dinners and do some baking. Tomorrow I am going to try making sourdough bread from some 25 year old starter I got over the break. How totally gross does that sound now that I put it in writing? I think it should be good.

Anonymous said...

The bread was AMAZING. I need to stay at work more so Kathy cooks awesome food like that for me. I didn't realize the secret was for me to go away to get her awesome home cooking.

Hmm... nah. I'd rather spend my time with her than have her home cooking. But it is a tempting thought. The bread was so good...