Saturday, January 3, 2009

Weird Wondering...

This is completely random...but Jordan and I were leaving Target this morning and as we were walking through the doors to leave there was a red glove.  Of course, I thought, "Uh oh, someone lost their glove!"  Right away I looked up to see who was in front of us and there was this guy walking out, but he was already almost to his car by the time we made it out the second set of doors, so he wasn't really close to us.  He didn't have any gloves on and it didn't seem like he had gloves on him and had dropped one...but I wanted to call out and see if it was his glove.  Here's the thing, the guy was probably about my age...possibly younger by a year or two.  I didn't know what to yell out!  I was about to say, "Sir?!?", but then I thought it just didn't sound right.  It partly sounded funny just because of his age but also because I never use the word "sir".  I couldn't just call out, "Hey, you!" or "Dude!"  I feel bad that in the end I just didn't say anything...but I really do believe he wasn't the one to drop the glove, so I think it's okay.  What would you say/do?   

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First of all you're such a nice person for even worrying that you didn't do anything. It made me think what I would do.

I would have probably shrugged it off as nothing I could have done considering I had a little kid with me. If Maddy were in a stroller or cart I would probably have taken the glove to the service desk.

I don't think I would have shouted anything, but what I usually do is just go for what I had to say like "did you lose a glove" and skip the pronoun. :)

I get what you mean about not knowing whether to shout "sir" or "hey you". Just go straight for the message to skip the weirdness.