Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Feeling of Hope

Honestly, I feel like there is hope in this world that we'll get through winter, that we'll get through the rest of the school year, that we'll get...another American Idol in this world.  Seriously, when Idol starts I feel refreshed and feel that it will just carry me through to the end of the school year.  I think it comes from there being nothing on TV really until Idol starts and the feeling of anticipation of watching and seeing how everyone does. Did anyone else cry in the beginning when they did the recap thing?  Especially when they showed Elliott Yamin's mom!

 I doubt that I'll post regularly about Idol happenings...but I do have to say I loved the man who was visually impaired tonight.  He gave me chills...it might have something to do with his story, but I really did think he had a great voice.  What an inspiration.  

On a side note, when I ran the Chicago marathon, there was a runner who was blind.  How cool is that?

I also really liked the girl who was young with long dark hair.  She was cute and I liked her singing...not to be confused with the chic in the bikini...I sooooo did not like her.  I also liked the dude with the really low voice, not really his singing, but I thought he was a cool guy.  It bugs me when they are mean to someone who seems to just be so genuinely nice.  That's show business, right?  

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you. I knew you would be posting right along with me about idol. I feel the same way when Idol starts. January is always such a bummer, this is the perfect pick me up. And I also love that it lasts until the end of the school year. I swear it makes time go by faster!

Yes I did cry during the idol recap, especially when it showed Elliott's mom.

I really like the new judge. She's a nice addition.

How about the ho in the swimsuit? She drove me crazy, I so didn't want her to be good!

nanassetta said...

Seeing Claudette Yamin touched my heart and soul!

Kathy Lou said...

My Idol is sitting on my TiVo waiting for me! I can't get to it yet and it's driving me crazy!! Tonight, I'll try to watch it tonight. Marc has been out the past two nights for school bidness so we didn't have a chance to watch.