Monday, January 5, 2009

Realistic Resolutions

I kind of thought about a few resolutions but I didn't officially commit to any until I read Kathy's post today and then I chose two do-able, realistic, reasonable resolutions.

1. I want to spend more time with my family.  After my mom and Jordan being in the hospital, I realized spending time with family is so important.  I am so lucky to have such a great family and I resolve to spend more time with them.  This kind of stems from our 12 dates of Christmas...which were sabotaged by our trip to the hospital with Jordan...but that still taught me something.  Sometimes we go through life and are so busy with things we don't sit down to a nice dinner WITHOUT the TV on or sit down and play a game together.  I want Jordan to realize how fun it can be just to be together without having to be doing something exciting all the time.

2.  I want to be a more generous person.  I realized lately that there are so many times I think of a family member or a friend and have an idea of something he/she will like and then I never follow through with it.  This year I am going to try and put in more effort into being more giving with my family and friends...and maybe even with some strangers if I get really daring.  Doesn't the world need more people helping and giving to other people?

Those are my resolutions.  I'll try and post throughout the year...the first one should be easy to post!   

2 comments:

Robert Benassi said...

Good resolutions, Jen. I especially love number 2. We should all be giving to others, especially those less fortunate than us. This is also something that I have tried to follow many times in my teaching career. There are times when I feel I could do or give more of myself. Thanks for reminding me of this now that I have a new teaching role at PACTT.

Unknown said...

Simple but inspiring. I like it.