Monday, March 29, 2010

Chicken Boy

Most Recently Read Book:

Chicken Boy

By Frances O'Roark Dowell

I hate books that I can't decide if I like them or not...this is one of those books. I listened to this book so it might be partly the narrator's part. The voice reading the book on the audio reminded me of the voice who narrated The Teacher's Funeral that I read not that long ago. That book is set in the early 1900's and this book I think is supposed to be set closer to the present. See, they main character has to type a paper but at the same time takes care of chickens for their eggs. I know some people still have chickens, but they talked about farmers like farming is still like it would have been back in the early 1900's like in the other book I read. I don't know, all that set aside, I think I liked the story. It's about a boy whose mother has died and his family life isn't so great and he's not popular at school and doesn't have any friends and then things start to change for him. I struggle with books that have too many things going on and then don't really tie things up at the end. Ah, I don't know what I thought of this book! (Sorry I'm not helpful with this one...has anyone else read or heard of this book???)

No comments: