Friday, March 19, 2010

City of Thieves

Most Recently Read Book:

City of Thieves

By David Benioff

The first few pages of this book had me unsure whether I was going to like it or not, but after that I was hooked and couldn't wait to get back to it to see what was happening. One of my friends just said to me, "Was that the one about the eggs?" And, yes, it is the one about the eggs. It's about a boy in WWII living in Russia. He ends up on a quest for a dozen eggs in the middle of a war where people are starving and struggling for any kind of food.

I truly enjoy historical fiction and this book is an example of why. The characters are great, there is just enough gravity in their situation but all lightheartedness and humor to keep it going. If you like historical fiction I would definitely recommend this book!

No comments: