Monday, March 15, 2010

Spaghetti Spaghetti Squash

OMG, I am so excited about a new meal we are so going to be eating more often in our house. I have been on a completely healthy kick lately after reading Fat Cat and watching this interview on Ellen. I already put his book, Eating Animals, on hold at the library and am anxiously awaiting it's arrival.

Anyway, yesterday at the store I was looking for whole foods - any kind of fruit and veggie was complete game for going home with us. I was so excited to see a huge spaghetti squash sitting there...all lonesome, it totally needed be in our cart. I cooked it up today and then Chad suggested putting some spaghetti sauce on it...hello! It's awesome! Chad even liked it.

Here's what you do:

Cut the spaghetti squash in half (I put mine in the microwave for a few minutes to make it easier to cut). Scoop out all the seeds and little stringy things in the middle, it's like scooping clean a pumpkin. Place on a pan, cut-side down for 45 minutes at 350 degrees. I pulled them out and rotated them every 10-15 minutes. Take out and scrape the squash off the sides of the halves, it just automatically becomes little strings like spaghetti. Pour your favorite spaghetti sauce over it. Voila! Enjoy!

Here's what it looks like when you scrape it off the sides...it really looks like spaghetti!!!

And here's what it looked like with the spaghetti sauce...I realized before I polished it off I should take a picture so there's not much left. I'm so happy with how good it tasted for how easy and healthy it is! Yippee!!

2 comments:

Emily Jane said...

Thank you for showing me how to do this, I've ALWAYS wanted to try it but had no idea how!! :)

Unknown said...

That looks delicious. I'm going to have to give it a try!