Sunday, March 28, 2010

Just Grace Goes Green

Most Recently Read Book:

Just Grace Goes Green

By Charise Meracle Harper

I was so excited to find this book, it was exactly what I was looking for. It's the fourth in a series about a Just Grace. She's funny, she's a good friend, she's motivated. I love her. The book is cute because there are lots of pictures to go along with what Just Grace is talking about and this book was very informational because it talked about how kids can go green. I read the beginning of it with my 2nd grader and I would stop to explain a term and then we would go back to reading and the next line would explain exactly what I explained. It was cool that she didn't just use big words, she explained them but also fit it seamlessly into the text. My student was eager to take it home to finish over spring break. I can't wait to hear what she thought of the rest of the book...I think I'm going to have to pick up the others in the series!! (BTW, this isn't the book I have most recently read...I almost forgot to post about this book!)

1 comment:

Emily Jane said...

Ooh sounds fun. I remember reading stories about a girl called Tracy Beaker when I was younger. I LOVED them! :)