Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Graveyard book

Most Recently Read Book:

The Graveyard Book

By Neil Gaiman

I am a lover of fantasy and it didn't seem like it quite at first but this book is a great addition to the fantasy genre. This book is about a toddler who escapes the brutal murder of his family only to be taken in by ghosts in a graveyard. It's a lovely story of a boy growing up in a graveyard, raised by ghosts, learning about life from ghosts. Not until further into the story did I really get the entire picture of the entire fantasy world Gaiman imagined for this book. I would definitely recommend to anyone reading this book that you keep reading and give it a chance to develop. Just stick with it, it's entirely worth it in the end. Brilliant.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bumped everything on my To Read list to finish this before he VISITS :) I'm gonna try and get either this one or Neverwhere signed!

Laraf123 said...

I heard a review of this book on NPR last year. I tracked it down from the library and started reading it. I never got past the first 20-30 pages. Now I want to try again. Thanks for reminding me why I wanted to read it in the first place!