Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The White Giraffe

Most Recently Read Book:

The White Giraffe

By Lauren St. John

This book has a great beginning, right away I was pulled into the story because of what happen right at the beginning. Overall, I liked the book but there is some magical stuff that happens that was cool but it also makes me think. I love fantasy as a genre but this book was very realistic except for these powers that the main character has. It was a good book in terms of the plot because the main character is off trying to find poachers but the magical part threw me off. I guess I'm not sure what to think overall. It was an easy read, I liked the characters and the plot but it wasn't my favorite book of the year. This book is up for the Rebecca Caudill award but if it was me voting, this wouldn't be the one I would pick to win it all.

2 comments:

Emily Jane said...

It always astonishes me just HOW much you read! Very impressive - I think my new year's resolution in a few weeks will be to read even half the books you do :)

Almost done the Graveyard Book - though my reading is limited by the fact David & I take turns reading aloud to each other before bed, I'm sure I'd be going much faster if I could read ahead on my own :)

Jessica said...

I just love great beginnings! Although, it's really unfortunate when the rest of the book lets you down. Thanks for your honesty. :)