Monday, November 30, 2009

The Word Eater


Most Recently Read Book:

The Word Eater

By Mary Amato

I recently read The Naked Mole-Rat Letters by Mary Amato because it is up for the Rebecca Caudill award this year. Last week, I saw this book on a list of good read alouds and picked it up at the library. I definitely agree that this would be a great read aloud! This is such an intriguing story about a little worm who loves to eat words...and when he does magical things happen! I like how the main character finds the little worm, Fip, and experiments with his powers. When she does, she helps herself and also, unknown to her, helps kids in another part of the world. It is a great story. I think this book would be a good book to read with Canned because they both in a little way address child labor issues without being all about the problems of child labor. I think this book would work for a little younger audience than Canned but they would definitely go well together. Another kudos to Mary Amato for a great book! (Although, I definitely have a soft(er) spot in my heart for The Naked Mole Rat Letters.)

No comments: