Thursday, November 26, 2009

The Tale of Despereaux

Most Recently Read Book:

The Tale of Despereaux

By Kate DiCamillo

I have read The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane and Because of Winn-Dixie by DiCamillo. I think Edward Tulane is probably my favorite because it's such an enchanting and heart-warming story. This book was really sweet but a little to anti-climatic for me. I love that the chapters are so short. It seemed like the reading went really fast that way. I love that Despereaux is not your average mouse. He is such a brave mouse. I guess I kind of wish the end would have been more exciting. I hate to give it away but this book didn't quite live up to my expectations. I think I'm going to go watch the movie though, I feel like that just might change my point of view just because this book seems like it would make a good movie.

2 comments:

Emily Jane said...

I REALLY want to see the movie! Maybe I'll go rent it this weekend :) I had no idea it was a book!

Unknown said...

I can't believe this was the first time you read this story! I really loved this book. I thought it was a cute story, but I loved Edward Tulane even more.