Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Hunger Games

Most Recently Read Book:

The Hunger Games

By Suzanne Collins

I love when I finish a book and I can easily declare it one of the best books ever. I don't even know where to start to describe this. I guess this is how you think of it: 1. reality TV - think Survivor where people are pitted against each other backstabbing and outwitting each other until there's only one person left standing; 2. UFC - think nothing held back bloody fighting; 3. starvation - think the kind of world where the rich people have it made and the poor people struggle for food to feed their family. Put all those together, add a little romance and you've got the hunger games. It's an amazing book. It really made me think about our society and how we aren't all that far from the dystopia in The Hunger Games.

This book easily compares to other dystopic books like Lois Lowry's classic The Giver and its companion books and Clockwork Orange. Believe me, it's amazing and definitely worth reading!

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I am yelling at Suzanne collins to write faster, I can't wait for book three

-Eric

http://themockingjay.vndv.com

Anonymous said...

Holy, I'm sold! As soon as I'm done the Graveyard Book I'm going to go look for this one. Remind me if I don't get on it, 'cause it sounds really good!

Jessica said...

This was one of the few books I've read where I wanted to read it a second time RIGHT after I finished the last sentence. Catching Fire is amazing, too. Book 3, The Victors, can't come out soon enough.