Thursday, November 5, 2009

So Yesterday

Most Recently Read Book:

So Yesterday

By Scott Westerfeld

Having read the entire Uglies series, I thought it was time I checked out one of Westerfeld's other books. This one seemed interesting because it's all about trends and how trends come about and advertising and consumers. It became a little crazy for me...and I wonder if it's because I'm just a lowly consumer and I don't have all that much experience with marketing and how business works in terms of advertising and creating products. It's always hard for me to wrap my brain around such things. I did like that he was anti-product placement in the book, instead inferring to companies and products by describing them. I really think that might be hard for some kids, but it was very clever. Thought-provoking book, but not my favorite.

No comments: