Sunday, November 23, 2008

Banner Beginnings

I saw really cute felt/fabric banners on a blog the other day.  The woman makes them for baby showers or birthdays.  I think the idea is that you have these banners that you can put up for every birthday celebration.  I decided I am brave enough to try these and I thought I would make them for my cousins' kids in Guatemala, that way my uncle can take them back with him when he goes back.  My uncle has two kids, and then each of them has one kid.  My cousin, Chipi, has a daughter named Trisha, and my cousin, Andrea, just had a baby boy about a month ago, named Victor.  Today I printed up some big letters on Word and then cut them out.  I already have some cute fabric that I think will work for Trisha's banner, I just need some felt.  I think for Victor I'll need to get some fabric, I'm leaning towards a sports theme.  Next, I need to get some felt to make the banner triangles.  I'll post as I go through the process.  For now, here are what the letters are going to look like, I'll pin them to the felt and cut the letters out.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I am so jealous that you thought of this!! It's an amazing idea, and how am I supposed to think of something like this :P LoL, Jenni I swear you are too talented :D It's great though, I'm just soo jealous! I love it though, Estuardo and everyone else in Guatemala will adore it! :D
P.S. Can't wait for the Moveable Feast! AHHH yumm

Kathy Lou said...

You are becoming Miss Crafty-Crafterton! What a great idea, I think I'm going to do it with Merry Christmas and find a place to hang it in the living room. It might have to be two lines to fit anywhere.

Jaxma99 said...

You could get some of that spray adhesive and stick the letters to the back of the felt so you could cut them out more precisely than with pins??? Just an idea! I love the banner idea! I have a friend who has something similiar and it always comes out for birthdays... even birthdays of people that don't live in her house! It's fun!