Monday, November 3, 2008

Chasing Vermeer



Most Recently Read Book:

Chasing Vermeer

By Blue Balliett

This is the first book in this mystery series by Blue Balliett.  I didn't realize this was a series and I listened to The Wright Three first, so now I had to go back and listen to Chasing Vermeer.  I like this series about 2 (then 3) young kids who live in Hyde Park in Chicago and get involved in solving mysteries about art, in this case the Vermeer painting called A Lady Writing.  

It's amazing all the thinking that Blue Balliett has to put into her writing.  She incorporates art, puzzles, writing and exploring.  As a parent, I think this would be a cool book to read, especially because I live in Chicago.  There are fun places to visit, especially from The Wright Three but also from Chasing Vermeer.  There are also fun things to learn about like Pentominoes.  I would love to read these books with Jordan and play with Pentominoes.  I'm not sure how she does it, but these books are very detailed.  

Now that I have read Chasing Vermeer and The Wright Three I have to go read the third book in this series, The Calder Game, which was recently released!  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really like this book. It was so much fun to read. I'll have to pick up the second and third one!