Friday, November 14, 2008

Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac


Most Recently Read Book:

Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac

By Gabrielle Zevin

I have to say that when I checked this book out from the library I was thinking it was about an insomniac...and then I realized the whole time that I had mistaken insomniac for amnesiac.  So, this book ended up being about a girl who gets amnesia and can't remember the last four years of her life instead of a girl who can't sleep.  I was a little wary starting this book because I just read Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella and that book is about a girl who loses her memory.  Both books are completely different, Kinsella's was very funny and romantic.  This book wasn't really funny, but it was romantic.  It's hard to describe this book, it's one of those books that you finish and you just want to hug it.  I'm not sure how to explain it.  It did start off about a girl who loses her memory, but halfway through she gets her memory back and then it becomes more about a girl finding herself and finding love.  It kind of had me reminiscing because the girl is in high school and my ten year high school reunion is coming up on two weeks.  It's interesting to think back of all the things I thought were so important back then and to think of how they are mere memories now...and that's okay. 

1 comment:

Stephanie H said...

Is this an adult book or a young adult book? Sounds interesting....

P.S. I am reading Twilight and it was really hard to go into work this morning because I picked it up while I ate breakfast and ALMOST couldn't put it down.