Sunday, November 30, 2008

Inkheart


Most Recently Read Book:

Inkheart

By Cornelia Funke

What a great book!  I thought this was a very cute book.  I have read The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke and I loved her writing and the characters she creates.  She did a great job with the characters in this book also.  This story is about a girl whose father repairs books.  She finds out he has a secret: when he reads aloud, he makes characters come out of books.  When the girl was a baby, her dad was reading aloud and three characters came out of the book Inkheart...but, unfortunately, the girl's mother and their two cats were transferred into the book.  Meggie's dad never told her his secret until one day one of the characters from the book, Dustfinger, shows up at his house and they end up going on an adventure to save the book.  There are other books in this series and I'm sure I'll read those books.  

No comments: