Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Michael Phelps

I think we can safely say we got the autograph of the year this weekend.  We went to a Sports Authority grand opening to meet Michael Phelps, Olympic swimmer.  He won 8 gold medals in this summer's Olympic games in China.  He set the record for most gold medals in one Olympic games.  We were in line at quarter to eight even though he didn't start signing until eleven and there were tons of people in front of us.  We had no problem getting through to get our autograph though.  It was so exciting to meet him.  He seemed to be a really nice guy.  I was sad that he didn't have any of his gold medals with him, but I did get to shake his hand and Jordan gave him a high five!  
Every time we get an autograph we set up a plan so we can get pictures but this was going to so fast that we barely had time to think and we were all caught up in meeting him...we did get pictures of us at least though!  Here are Chad, Jordan, and Michael Phelps.  
And here I am completely absorbed in picking up the picture and getting ready to ask if I could shake his hand that I forgot to look at the camera.  What can you do?  Me and Michael Phelps.
We really wouldn't have been able to even think about getting this autograph without Gramma and Papa Jack.  While Chad and I waited in line for three hours, they took Jordan to stores in the area and kept him busy for us.  I think we had it easy!  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!! OH MY GOSH!!!!! Ok so J E A L O U S!
Holy crap I can't believe you got his autograph. You guys are so cool.