Sunday, November 30, 2008

My Banner Babies!

I finished my first two banners tonight!  I think I'll take a little break and then work on some that say "Merry Christmas".  My uncle, Estuardo, is heading back to Guatemala tomorrow night.  It seems like it went really fast.  I'll be sending these with him for his two grandkids, my cousin's kids: Trisha and Victor.  I hope they like them!  I posted earlier with a picture of the letters cut from paper, here's the rest of the process:

I pinned the paper letters to the felt, and cut them out:


Then I cut out the triangles from the felt:
For Trisha's banner I had some fun fabric that I cut into triangles and I had to iron those:
Then I pinned the felt letters to the flag parts and then sewed them on by hand:
I sewed the fabric triangles onto the felt.
Finally, I had to sew the bias on the top so the flags would be all together.
Ta da!!!

I'm so proud of my banners!  I was sad to send them off to Guatemala.  Hopefully they like them!!!



2 comments:

Kathy Lou said...

The banners turned out so great! I can't wait to try one.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you took pictures of the banners, I didn't get to see them. When I was going to look at them they were already in his suitcase. I really like them, I am sure they will too. This was a lot of work and also very special. Thanks Jen.