Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!


Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!  Aren't these turkeys cute?  I cut and put them together last night after I saw them on a blog last week.  I'm going to give them to the kids today at our Thanksgiving feast.  We are all going to my parents for Thanksgiving dinner.  In attendance should be: my mom, my dad, my grandma, my sister, and my sister's boyfriend, my mother-in-law and father-in-law,  two aunts, two uncles, two cousins, one cousin-in-law, two cousins' kids...oh, and my husband and my son!  I think that is everyone!  Usually we don't have everyone at our house for Thanksgiving but because my grandma and uncle are in town from Guatemala everyone is getting together this year.  

Speaking of this year, we are especially thankful this Thanksgiving.  I haven't really posted at all this week...and it's been a crazy kind of week.  The biggest news is that my mom was in the hospital for a clogged artery, had an angioplasty(sp?) and is now home.   It started last week when she had a pain in her chest and some tingling in both of her hands.  It would kind of come and go and it was bothering her but it always went away.  Finally, on Monday she decided she better go to the doctor and see what was going on.  They admitted her right away and did EKGs and stress tests and found a clogged artery.  Her operation was on Tuesday and she went home yesterday.  

I can't even tell you how hard it is to imagine a Thanksgiving, let alone any day, without my mom.  Seriously, I couldn't even let myself think about it.  Luckily, they caught it, figured it out, and she's doing well.  She'll be home for a couple of weeks resting. 

I thank God every day for all the people Chad, Jordan, and I have in our lives.  Thanksgiving is a great holiday because it really makes you stop and think of everything we can be thankful for.  I really try not to take things for granted and to cherish everything I have but it doesn't hurt to have a whole day reserved for being thankful.  And we are.  Happy Thanksgiving to all!

4 comments:

Kathy Lou said...

Oh my goodness! I am so sorry to hear about your mom, that is so stressful. I am glad to hear she is going to be ok. I hope you all have a wonderful day, and thanks for another reminder of what we should be thankful for today!

Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving! We love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo!

So great to see you and Chad this weekend.

I'm reading The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield. I read 150 pages in one day (ok, so I was on a plane for 2 1/2 hours)!

Kris

Anonymous said...

Very THANKFUL! Thank you Jen for your beautiful comments, please also extent my thanks to Kathy, I am very lucky to be here. This Thanksgiving was very special and a lot to be thankful for, not only because I survived my heart ordeal and was able to be home but also because mom and Estuardo were here with us from Guatemala and you, Chad, Jordan, Jacquie, Joe, Jane, Guise and family were also here. I also want to thank you for all your help, it was very nice of you to help Dad on Wednesday before Thanksgiving, the tables looked great. I love you so much.