Sunday, November 9, 2008

Maximum Ride: The Final Warning


Most Recently Read Book:

Maximum Ride: The Final Warning

By James Patterson

Well...I have to say this was my least favorite in the Maximum Ride series.  As far as I know this is the last book in the series and it really was not a good book.  I did listen to this entire series on CD and this book was narrated by a different narrator so maybe that makes a difference, but I really didn't like the plot.  I loved the first and second books, and the third book for the most part, but this one was bad.  In this book Max and the flock go to Antarctica to try and do some research to help stop global warming only to get captured by another mad scientist kind of creature.  I know they are out to get them, but this was a little crazy, even for this series.  The whole time we have heard about Max's mission to save the world and this just didn't seem like a good ending.  Also, I'm a big fan of the romance that has been becoming more and more evident between Max and Fang.  Patterson addressed that in this book but at the same time just kind of said Max was freaked out and ended the book never talking about it again.  Maybe there will be another or more than one other book in this series.  If this really is the final book it was a very sad way to end the series.  Ugh.

1 comment:

Kathy Lou said...

I can't believe you can get through so many books! I'm not even going to put books on my blog because I'm embarrassed by how few I have been reading. :-P
Oh well, there will be more time for reading another day.