Thursday, November 13, 2008

Secret Knitting Project

I have been talking about getting crafty again...because it's been a while since I did anything really creative.  Finally, I took the plunge.  I got inspired by Kathy's blog and by a blog I saw that she reads.  I realized that I could make some pretty cool Christmas presents this year.  I love homemade/handmade gifts.  I feel like they are really special.  And, hopefully, we can save some money by making gifts this year.  

On Tuesday, when we were off from school, I made a stop at Hobby Lobby for a few supplies.  I was on a mission for some really pretty yarn.  I wanted a really thin yarn and the kind that changes colors as you go so you don't have to do anything to get a really fun design.  I found a great color mix and I am so excited.  I can't tell you what this is for but I love it already!

1 comment:

Kathy Lou said...

You are so cute! I can't wait to see what you are making, be sure to post your after pictures. I can't do anything with yarn except one really long crochet chain. LOL! I have tried, but I don't like looking down that much, it's not comfortable.
Have fun with your projects! It feels so good to make things from your heart.